Restrictions are gone, but COVID-19 is still here, just as strong, and more virulent! So we're virtual again!
When: August 28th, 2022 (Sunday) (sometime)
Where: Online (youtube, twitch, archive.org)
What: enscribed video works of noise artists from Edmonton, from
Alberta, from Canada, and from all over the world.
Call for Submissions:
Dear Noise Musicians and Noise non-musicians!
This August 2022 we are hosting Edmonton NoiseFest virtually. It
will be a streamed video event showcasing Edmonton Noise, Albert
Noise, Canada Noise, and International Noise in Video Form.
We will be releasing a curration of whatever is submitted on August
28th on Youtube and Archive.org (because they have better sound and
youtube is fundamentally unethical).
Submissions should be exclusive (self-release is fine) but if it
plays at another festival or something please warn us (youtube
likes to take things down).
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: AUGUST 24th (23:59 MST), 2022
To submit, upload your video file somewhere and write an email to
BEAMS-SUBMISSION <email@example.com> with the
subject: Edmonton Noisefest Submission 2022
You should copy and paste these bullet point into the email and answer them:
* Project Name and who we should attribute it to
* Title Card Project Name:  (put it between square brackets exact how you want us to write it, skruntskrunt all lowercase would be [skruntskrunt]
* Title of submission:  (put it between square brackets exact how you want us to write it, aTitleWrittenInCamelCase [aTitleWrittenInCamelCase]
* link to download link (wetransfer, dropbox, http, or google drive)
* Confirmation that BEAMS may post and transmit and share you submission non-exclusively and for 0 or more compensation (yes this year we might pay you!)
* Any copyright worries you might have (we might have to censor it
For the video, please try to follow these guidelines:
* Resolution 1920x1080 (16:9 aspect ratio, if your videos isn't
then add black bars because we will)
* FPS: 30
* MP4 or MKV format
* AAC or OGG or FLAC audio
* Optionally include your own titlecard, you might not like ours.
* At least 1 minute, 30 minutes at most, 20 minutes is preferred
If you don't know what this means then don't worry, just submit
ahead of time so I can deal with it.
We reserve the right to not include your work. We also need
non-exclusive permission to post your work combined with other
works to youtube, archive.org, twitch, our own website as well. We
unfortunately offer $0 or more compensation as everything is free on our end
as well, but I think we have budget so we'll see. I'll update the compensation as I get details.
Main organizer: Abram Hindle